An interesting idea from one of our clients:

Kids over 18, legal adults, need a Will, a Durable Power of Attorney and a Living Will so you, as parents or close relatives, can act on their behalf if the unthinkable occurs.

As ugly as this is, the pain of something happening doesn’t need to be magnified by having to hassle with existing laws.